No meat was missed in the making and devouring of these vegetarian black bean burgers.
Black Bean Burgers
- 1 cup cooked/canned and rinsed black beans
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt (or regular table salt)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 5 small finely chopped white mushrooms
- 1/8 diced red onion
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mash the black beans in a medium size bowl.
- Whisk in the egg with a fork.
- Chop the mushrooms and onion and add to the bowl.
- Stir in the flour and spices.
- Section the batter into 4 even amounts and roll each with your hands into a ball.
- Flatten the balls (into a burger shape) onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes then carefully flip them and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, then serve!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup 2 tbsp of water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- parsley (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until it forms a dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 or 3 sections and roll each into a ball.
- Flatten the dough with hands or on a countertop until it is about 1/2 inch in thickness.
- Heat a pan on medium and add a small amount of oil or butter. Cook each piece of naan for about 4 minutes total (approx. 2 minutes per side, or until the top begins to brown and the dough is cooked through).
- Cool on a rack and sprinkle with parsley (optional).
- beet root leaves (or greens of choice)
- diced tomato
- cubed cucumber
- diced onion
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp miso
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vingegar
- Combine the vegetables in a bowl.
- Whisk the mustard, miso, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup to create a dressing and add water to thin it out.
- Serve the salad with the burgers and homemade naan!
If you tried and enjoyed this recipe, please like, comment, share, and/or subscribe! 😊